Determined Brothaz is an organization dedicated to the empowerment of young boys and men of color who are particularly, but not exclusively, from impoverished environments and/or single parent homes. The aforementioned empowerment will be accomplished through mentoring, academic tutoring, and serving as surrogate fathers as opposed to just being simply a friend. Our practices include:
• Teaching the children about God and ensuring that the children understand the
importance of having a relationship with Him
• Establishing a relationship with the parents of the young boys based upon trust
and a genuine interest in helping them to realize their worth so
that we may be allowed to be more than just a ‘buddy’.
• Becoming a presence in the schools by accepting the role of a parent that has a
genuine interest in the child’s educational development.
• Establishing partnerships with educators that work directly with the child. This
will create a sense of transparency of the educational process in the schools the
• Conducting regularly scheduled tutoring sessions
• Identifying and educating young boys who have erroneously been placed in
special education by school systems and the educators they employ that are
ill-equipped to relate to and/or educate them.